Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The Joys of Motherhood

OK so after 10 months you would think that your child should be sleeping through the night right? Well that is not the case for my little Tanner. I think that I have tried everything and now i think that he is so confused and scared so, I am in need of some guidance and support. I have started to read The Baby Whisperer and it has made me realize that all the things i have been doing(i.e. crying it out, bring him into our bed at night, and nursing him to sleep) is all bad. I so wish that I would have started reading this book before cause now its so hard to break the bad habits. So for all of you soon to be mothers or even mothers that are going to have a new little one start putting you little one on a routine early it will make life much easier later. Wish me luck and a good night sleep

2 comments:

Emily said...

I love that book! But don't be too hard on yourself. I truly don't think that there is a wrong way to mother as long as your little one is happy. I can't say I have followed that book to a tee...I don't do the pick up put down method. I just don't understand how that could work. But I do most everything else. I like the format of the book. I have Baby whisperer problem solver. Anyway good luck- and remember no one is an expert, we are all in this together using the trial and error method.

Smith Family said...

That is by far my favorite book. They also have one called "The Baby Whisperer for Toddlers" which is really good too.

Good luck! I hope she starts sleeping for you soon.