Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Need a little help?


OK- All Moms out there I am in need of your help. Now that Tanner is eating normal food, I would like some healthy alternatives to what I have been feeding him. I feel like the worst mother in the world because all he eats is Crap. I am in need of some wonderful inspiration. I have to stop feeding him Chicken Dinos, Pasta, Crackers, and oh yeah of coarse French Fries and the list goes on, but you get the point. So if any of you have some great easy meals that my little chubby guy can eat and I can whip up please let me know.

5 comments:

Sam and Jess said...

Jess, I got nothin', but I think that his diet sounds just fine. I have tried getting Ella to eat healthy, and it usually just goes down the drain. The words the learned the first and knows the best are: coke, cookie, cake, and candy. I have gotten somewhat creative and called V8 juice coke...and she falls for it!!

Rachel said...

I don't know if this is what you had in mind but I pack chicken salad in my girls lunches. It comes in a can just like tuna and I make mini-sandwiches with saltines.

I am going to stalk this comment section for some good ideas. My baby has to be 100% dairy free (he stops breathing if any dairy passes his lips) and I am not a good enough cook to keep up with all the dairy-free recipes.

The Peach.... said...

You are not the worst mom...if you are, then I am the VERY worst!
I don't know, my kids like fish sticks, hot pockets, rice, rotisserie chicken, and I love those "veggie steamers" in the frozen section, they have corn on the cob that you just stick in the microwave. My kids LOVE those. And my kids love yogurt. I seriously buy 20 of them each trip to the store. We have stock in Yoplait. good luck.....

Bethany Christensen said...

What about Hot Dogs? JK. I hate to admit that Finn eats a lot of crap too. My only saving grace is that he likes to dip things. So I buy a veggie tray that has everything already chopped up and includes the dip. He thinks it is so cool to eat the broccoli so once in a while he does get some veggies.

Rachel said...

Just to add in one more suggestions kind of a piggyback to another poster...

We like to freeze the yogurt tubes and let the kids eat those as "popcicles". Horizon makes an organic yogurt available in tubes. The girls LOVE them. I need to get my popcicle molds out to freeze some of Will's soy yogurt into frozen treats for him.