Thursday, May 22, 2008

New Favorite Thing


OK so growing up my mom never really took me to the library. To be honest I think that I have actually only set foot into one maybe hand full of times. I basically thought it was for nerds. But I would have to say that lately it is my new favorite place. I never really new how handy it was. instead of forking out big bucks buying all these books that you only read once if that, you can go check them out and then when you are done just take them back. TOTALLY FREE the best part of course. I have always had a hard time going to the book store to buy books for my kids cause you just never know if they are going to be good or not, this way you can check them out, try them out and not have to worry if its good or bad cause you can just take it back it you don't like it. The other AWESOME thing about the SLCO is that you can log on to the web site search for certain books and then place them on hold. You are able to choose what location you would like to pick them up at and its just as easy as 1,2,3... So I would just like to thank the Salt Lake County Library System I LOVE YOU!!!

5 comments:

Katie Hendrickson said...

You are so funny, Jess! The summer is awesome cuz they do lots of activities for the kids too...we'll have to go!

jaci said...

We love the library!! The boys get a new stack of books each week! it's so nice not having to buy them! We go to the activities too!

laura said...

don't worry...I use the online hold service a bunch! It is so easy! (I felt like such a nerd the first time I did it, but now I love it! :) )

The Peach.... said...

OK, we love the library so much it's scary! Sydney LIVES for Thursdays, because it's our library day...she loves to browse the videos and computer games. It's like Christmas! And I am the Queen of putting things on hold. It's so fun! Simple pleasures.....

The Peach.... said...

Maybe we should get a library group together....the city library downtown is fun....