First of all I just want to say sorry for the very long post but I wanted to get it all in there before I forgot anything. I didn't take my camera so more pics to come.
Well this week as already been very long, but also very fun. Jared's younger brother Nick got married yesterday to the woman of his dreams. What a fun day it was for them and also for us. Gracie has been waiting months and months for this day to come. Oh yeah I did say Gracie. We have been talking about the wedding for a very long time now and it has been a much anticipated day. Her flower girl dress has been hang in the laundry room for two months now and everyday she would ask, "is today the wedding Mama?" I would gently tell her day after day, "No honey not today but very soon." So when yesterday came it brought much joy. Gracie woke up at 7 AM as happy as can be because she knew that she was going to be able to wear he new pink dress.
I have also been talking to Grace a lot about the temple and that Nick and Lindsay would be getting married inside and she could wait outside to watch them come out. And when they came out Lindsay would then become "Aunt Lindsay". I was coaching her on what to do when they walked out of the temple. She was too run up to Lindsay and say, "Aunt Lindsay, you look so beautiful". So for about two weeks she would tell me in great detail, what she was going to do when she saw Lindsay and Nick at the temple. I was lucky enough to have one of Lindsay good friends come over to my house to watch the kids while we went to the temple ceremony and then she drove them down to meet us at the temple.
When I went to get Grace out of the car at the temple, I could just tell she was so excited. She had the biggest smile on her face and could not get out of the car fast enough. She was just staring at the temple in disbelief. She looked at me and said, "Mom look at the beautiful Castle!"
As we were waiting for Nick and Lindsay come out Grace walked around the temple simple amazed. There was a couple of other brides outside and she was just in awe, she would tell me, "look mom a princess". I just had to laugh. She also kept trying to open the doors to the temple and when they wouldn't open she came up to me and asked, "mom the doors are locked, do you have the keys?"
Finally Nick and Lindsay came out of the temple and Grace almost could not control herself. She ran up to Lindsay through her arms around her and said "Aunt Lindsay you look so beautiful". Grace could not take her eyes off of her. She wanted to talk to her and touch her every minute. Lindsay did look absolutely amazing.
And of course it would not be a Wade Wedding with out a little dancing. And you know we did. The whole clan was out on the dance floor bustin it. It was so fun we just danced are little hearts out, especially Grace. She was on that dance floor from the moment the music began playing. She looked so darling just dancing away. All in all the wedding was a blast.
What I wouldn't give to go back to my wedding and do it all over again. It brought back so many fun memories. I can't believe that Jared and I will be celebrating are 6th wedding anniversary in July. Time really does fly by. It's funny how things change in such a short period of time and how much you grow personally over the years. I would have done so many things differently. But oh well...my wedding was a blast anyway..
But I just want to Say congrats the newlyweds you guys are a wonderful couple and I am so glad that you have found one another, you just complete one another. Lindsay is a great addition to the Wade Crew. I am so lucky to get her as a sister-in-law. She is already a wonderful Aunt to my kids and they absolutely adore her. So welcome to the fam.. We love you..
11 years ago





1 comment:
cute little Grace! I can't wait until Ella cares about stuff like weddings and princesses. Maybe she really does care but we just can't understand what she's saying??? Sounds like a wonderful wedding. I would love to see pictures of Grace in her little dress.
Post a Comment